The Government of Saint Lucia, through the Department of Education, Innovation and Gender Relations, in collaboration with The Commonwealth of Learning is making a wide variety of university level courses via the Coursera online learning platform available FREE of cost until March 31, 2021. The intention is to provide free Online Training opportunities to the general population in order to improve their skills, capacities and competencies so that their their employability and productivity can be increased in light of the new normal that is being forged by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Millions of people across the Commonwealth have either lost their employment or have become under employed as a result of this crisis. It is expected that this opportunity will help unemployed individuals as well as those still employed to transition to new occupations and new roles as workforce requirements are becoming more fluid and unpredictable.
Who can join the programme?
- Those who are interested to gain new skills to enter into the job market
- Students who are currently pursuing their undergraduate/ diploma/ postgraduate degree
- Those who are unemployed and wish to gain skills to start mini and micro-enterprises
- Those who lost their employment/ income opportunity due to COVID 19 or other reasons and wish to gain new skills / up-skill / reskill to secure a job/income opportunity
- Instructors/ teachers/ trainer of Technical and Vocational Education and Training
- Those who are employed and are seeking the possibility of a promotion or transitioning to a new career
- All persons in Saint Lucia with need for skills for employment
- UNLIMITED and FREE access to 4,000 courses designed to skill and reskill citizens of Commonwealth Member States for livelihoods.
- Programme leads include highly reputed professors and mentors from well recognised universities and institutions around the world.
- Find more at: https://www.coursera.org/browse
- Certification from world renowned universities upon successful completion, and before March 31, 2021.
- Mentorship and Helpdesk support (email@example.com)